Friday, April 25, 2008

Kursus V.I.P


Nope, it is not a course for very important people..but..


V.I.P= Violence and Injury Prevention.


A course that I had expected to be very dry and boring turned out to be quite educational. I didn't sleep in any of the lectures! That is an achievement for me.


Some of the things that I learnt..

1. TELEDERA: 1800883040, TALIAN NUR: 15999

2. Jantina is not the same as gender- jantina is determined biologically, gender is by one's role and social responsibilities.

3. There is a law for people who putus tunang without sebab munasabah, and also something called saman malu.

4. A whole lot of other things which are applicable to welfare officers and social workers..



After a whole day long of lectures yesterday, I drove to Malacca town to meet up with my good old friend of mine, Shobs. She took the trouble to drive all the way from Muar after work just to meet up with me. Thanks Shobs! Muahhhs! love ya!


With the bride-to-be...(And that would be the one on the right ok!)


The funny thing was that I was asked to give out the thank you gifts to the speakers after they ended their presentation. Apparently the medical officer who was chief organiser for the event had to leave early for some important reason. Of all the other doctors who attended the course, I was lucky who was chosen. Weird.


Felt as though I was a part of the organizing team here...Heh,prasan.

Anyway, I'm glad that agreed to attend this course, even though I had drive all the way down to Ayer Keroh and need to be on-call the very next day, ie tomorrow. This is one of the good things about working in a district hospital. We get 'paid trips' all the time!

No comments: