Friday, April 11, 2008

Kursus Laktasi

How long do you think one will take to learn about breastfeeding?

An hour? Two hours? Well, for health professionals who deal with lactating mothers, the requirement is to attend an 18 hour breastfeeding course . However, our group was unfortunate enough to have 24 hours of breastfeeding lectures..Over a span of FOUR days...yup. FOUR days..

The reason why I'm attending this course...Not beause I'm lactating, but just because I'm in charge of the paediatrics ward and I'm in contact with mothers post-delivery...Need to assist them whenever necessary...Heh, a girl like me supervising a mother to breastfeed, never crossed my mind when I started medical school.

I suffered throughout the lectures..The topics were so dry! Of course some were good and educational..There was one particular session which was very...interesting.

Each one of us were given a skin-coloured pantyhose, magic markers and foam. Guess what we had to make..Heh, you guessed it right. This is my product.

Fake Boob: Front View


Behind: The anatomy of the breast

And the product of others.....

A table full of boobs. Something that never crossed your mind.

Not bad huh?


That was probably the best part of the whole course. The worst being the exam that we had to sit for at the end of it. In order to get the certificate, we need to score at least 60% for the test. Thank God everybody made it.

Am glad that the course is finally over---on top of that I've a got a souvenir to bring home. :)

No comments: