Friday, April 11, 2008

Actorlympics

One of the family activities that we used to do many years back was watching theaters at Actor's Studio. The very first time that I saw one was when Actor's Studio was still at Dataran Merdeka-a small, low budget theater, where the audience had to sit on planks of wood, before they relocated to Bangsar Shopping Complex. The days when Jo Kukatas and Edwin Sumon were still around.

I could still remember the title of the first show that I watched. It was Box of Chocolates-which was a combination of many short stories. They even gave each one of us a door gift-which was a small packet of Cadbury chocolates.
One of the few shows that we often see at Actor's Studio is Actorlympics, which is held every year. If you are a fan of "Whose Line Is It Anyway", you will definitely enjoy this one.

Last weekend, my dad spontaneously asked us whether we wanted to see Actorlympics and we immediately agreed.
I haven't laughed so hard in ages. The line up for last week's show was excellent. They had Afdlin Shauki, Harith Iskandar, Rashid Salleh (Yumm..), among many others. Those guys just crack me up. It's amazing how they could be so creative and make good jokes on the spot. Despite sitting on a folded chair, my seat squashed against a pillar and sat separately from the rest of the family (We got the tickets last minute), I got a boost of endorphins which lasted for a week.

Patrick Teoh standing in front as the MC. Behind him: Ida Nerina, Rashid and Gavin Yap. Douglas Lim is the one in orange, Joanna on his left, and the other two jokers-Reza and Afdlin. Harith is the one over the far right.

Of course they are now showing Actorlympics on ntv7-which is not even half as good as the one shown at Actor's Studio. Probably because it's in Malay and.........censored. Anyways, you could catch the TV show on YouTube.

1 comment:

yon325 said...

I really hope i will join ur dinner as well to see the show. Huh....hope one day I am able to go.