Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My almost abandoned quest


After work today, I had the sudden urge to make Char Kuey Teow for dinner. And so, I took a drive to Econsave, got all the stuff that I needed and headed home. Before preparing the dish, I thought of browsing through mesra.net for interesting Kuey Teow recipes. Haha. Semangat right?

Anyway, while I was doing just that, a friend of mine/collegue called. I picked up the phone, feeling a bit suspicious, coz I'm not that close to her and she wouldn't call me after office hours unless it's something urgent. Then she said, 'Wei, it's your turn to do locum today, right? Everybody's looking for u!' S**t. Then it striked me. Of course! I've to be at the hospital right at moment to do locum and I totally forgot about it!- and I'm one and a half hours late! I was thinking about the patients piling up at the casualty..Owh my.

I was also upset that I had to abandon my cooking project today..

I quickly dumped all the stuff that I just bought into the fridge and rushed to the hospital. Luckily the influx of patients today wasn't that bad..

I came home at 11.30 pm feeling tired and hungry. I didn't want my determination to go to waste today, and hence, I still made Char Kuey Teow for dinner! And it tasted quite good actually! Haha, or maybe because I was REAlly hungry..

Mission accomplished.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh, luckily u din get AGE today with your decent fried Kuey teow. But I believe u may good in it...heheheh.....

Iron Butterfly said...

ahahhaah Couz. didn't know that u have the kind of pelupe-ness that I sometimes have too. Naka naka.

Putri Z. said...

Anon: Of course I was hygienic in preparing my meal..I don't want to ruin my holiday tomorrow!

I.B.: Yeah. I'm being more and more forgetful nowadays. Wedding member pon boleh lupa! That's why I'm looking for an organizer now, for 2009..

Iron Butterfly said...

aiyah couz.. i tot we all have PDAs these days? mitak blackberry la dengan Lek. kekekeke.

hey do u realise that we don't even hangout at all this year? shall we do something this monday? cuti awal muharram. but donno u cuti or not lah.

Putri Z. said...

I've given up on PDAs..kalau tak sempat nak charge, all the data gone terus! And now, I can't even sync my PDA with my laptop. Tu yg fed-up. I'm just going manual now.

Tak hangout langsung? Ye ke. Time flies..