Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MRCPCH-Part 1b-Jan 2008- My verdict

To those few people who visit my blog may be wondering how my exam went. Sigh, sad story.
The exam started at 6pm. I reached UM at 4pm, sat in my car doing some last minute reading while waiting for the clock to strike 5.30pm. This time around I felt calmer compared to the first time I sat for the exam.
Last minute reading has never been much help but subconsciously it'll make me feel more 'prepared.' I was reading while replying to Idza's smses, asking me regarding the management of paediatric cases. Turns out she is the only MO at her KK.
Regarding the questions.....as expected it was very clinical based. Most of the answers provided sounded correct, but of course they wanted 'The MOST APPROPRIATE management', the INITIAL management, and the BEST investigation that could reach the diagnosis. They will provide the clinical scenario, assume that you could figure out the diagnosis, and then will ask you how to proceed from there.
I did feel that the questions were more acceptable compared to the September paper. The questions made sense, but it did require lots of clinical experience to answer them.
Was Pastest useful? I would say that it was better compared to onexamination. The common questions that was asked in the sample questions given did come out in the actual exam.
I went home last night feeling...relieved. My exam was finally over and I could do whatever I want to do without feeling guilty. I haven't watched a movie in a long time....What was the last movie that I watched? Golden Compass i think. Wow, that was quite some time back.
I'm curious as well as dreading for my results which is scheduled to be released in 5 weeks time. Lets just hope for the best.

1 comment:

Iron Butterfly said...

lets hope ur result is gonna be better news than mine.