Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Game Plan

I have been looking forward in watching The Game Plan since I saw the trailer a couple of months back. Disney movies have always been well received; the movies will have a happy ending with good moral values slid in between.
I was surprised with The Rock, i.e. Dwayne Johnson's performance. He was rather stiff in his previous movies: The Scorpion King and Walking Tall, and never showed much emotion. In this particular movie, he acted as a leader, team player and father really well. I did not expect him to pull off the dad role as brilliant as what he did.
Another thing that shocked me was his talent to sing. You just have to check out his voice. OMG..it sent shivers down my spine.
As for Madison Pettis, the girl that played as Peyton Kelly, i.e. his daugher, I found her annoying initially. She was obviously more matured for her age and yet she was carrying a doll wherever she went. Towards the middle of the show, I saw the potential in her in acting. She was perfect for the part.
I'm giving 4 stars for this awesome movie~~

No comments: