Sunday, January 20, 2008

Marie Digby-My latest obsession


Marie Digby performing at Star 98.7 Lounge 4 Life concert - The Wiltern, Los Angeles


People who have known me long enough would know that I was never a fan of any singers in particular. I'm flexible enough to listen to any type of music, regardless of its genre or singer.
Marie Digby is somewhat different. I first came across her music while I was driving back from work one day. Heard her version of 'Umbrella' and thought it was amazing. Furthermore, my cousins and I performed the song for the 'Ketani Nite' and that was when I started doing some research about her.
Turns out that she is a 24 year old, Irish-Japanese-American, who was made famous after posting her music videos on YouTube. She sang the cover of many songs, in which most of them sounded better that the original song. Apart from that, she composed many songs of her own, which is just as good, or even better that the songs we hear over the radio.
I find her being such a great musician. Not only because she plays by ear, but the way she strums the guitar and hit the notes on the piano really makes you wish that you want be just as talented as her.
Check out her music videos on YouTube:
1. Umbrella- The song that made her famous
2. Stupid for you- I just love the song and the setting of the video. Check out her cute laugh too!
3. You give me something- Another favourite of mine
4. Spell- This song was featured in SmallVille.
Sometimes I wonder, what is the X-Factor that she has which makes people go crazy over her? Apart from her gorgeous looks, I think it's the innocence that is potrayed in all her music videos. A personality which is non-existent in our entertainers nowadays.

1 comment:

Iron Butterfly said...

Stupid For You was my theme song for a while. I planned to send the video to the guy when I feel there's no hope left. Haha.