Thursday, March 13, 2008

What makes your day?

What makes your day?
I'm sure there's this little something that you look forward to everyday. And when it happens, you feel like you're on cloud 9 and your day couldn't be better..
Maybe it's fresh air that you breath in first thing in the morning..
Maybe it's the sound of the birds chirping from the tree by your bedroom window...
Maybe it's the cup of coffee that you sip every morning..
Maybe it's the goodbye kiss that you get from your spouse before you're off to work..
Maybe it's the sight of your crush who is just sitting at the next cubicle at your office..
Maybe it's the comic that you read in the papers everyday..
Maybe it's the adrenaline rush that you get after a good exercise at the gym..
Maybe it's pleasure of sleeping at home after a long day at work..
I realise that it is important to have something to look forward to everyday, or in life for that matter. It keeps you going and prevents you from breaking down halfway.
What makes my day are the smiles and greetings that I receive from my staff and patients every morning. It reflects a good working environment, and when the patient greets me, I would automatically know that he/she has clinically improved. Perhaps it's their tactic to being discharged? I wouldn't know.
Whatever said and done, these small things in life that we take for granted could mean the world to someone else..

1 comment:

yon325 said...

the best gift the patient will give to us is to say THANK YOU which will enlighten ur day and strengthen ur soul in keep moving as a good doctor