Tuesday, March 04, 2008

SSAAS Band Reunion Dinner

Have I mentioned that I was a really, really active band member in school?

The band was my life. We used to skip classes just to attend the practice, hang out at the gerai near our school everyday after practice and get sunburnt for marching under the hot sun. I have tonnes of treasured moments from it- my school life was so much fun and meant a lot to me because of it.

Recently, I attended the band reunion dinner-held at KGSAS. It was the first time that our school band organized a reunion after I left school-at least the first one that I was invited to. Our juniors, being the organizers had the great initiative to call up their seniors-mostly via friendster/facebook. Thank God for technology.

The night was a great success. The naughty boys were still making crazy jokes, just like how they used to in school. They have not changed even a bit. It did make the night a whole of fun though.

The organizers insisted that Shalyz and I sit at the VIP table with our band teacher, which made me feel so old. My batch was actually one of the most senior people there. They even asked me to pick numbers for the lucky draw. Heh, it did make me feel somewhat important. Thanks guys for making my day.

Some of the guests performed that night-karaoke and acoustic guitar playing. The guys performed the song 'Tanjung Perak', which our drum major came out with once upon a time ago - a song that they used to sing when we were in the bus, on the way to any function.

The sad thing was that I didn't bring my camera. I managed to snap a few photos using my camera phone, but my phone battery died at the middle of the event. Such a waste...


Lan- the M.C. for the night-he's good at making jokes while keeping a serious face.




Farhan, Reymee and Mulia- the cheeky boys of our table


Kak Awin and Rizwan performing a duet. Kak Awin was the senior who first taught me to play the clarinet. She's a great singer.

Our beloved teacher, Cikgu Ismail. Sadly, he stepped down as the band teacher this year. Cikgu, you're the best.

1 comment:

Iron Butterfly said...

cey.... couz.. siap jadi VIP tuu... hehehehehe.. cool.