Thursday, November 01, 2007

My mind and I

Do you believe in self-diagnosing your problem?
Well, the last time I did that, my so called dysmenorrhea turned out to be an acute appendicitis. So much about knowing your own body.
And again, i'm self diagnosing myself. This time it's something to do with my mind.
Yes, mental illness is a very significant disease. It is debilitating disease, the worse part being that people choose to ignore it and refuse to take any form of intervention for it.
I won't say I have Major Depression, but Dysthymia would be a better diagnosis.
Let's check the features of the illness, shall we?
1. More common in women
Yes, i'm an XX
2. More often in persons with history of long-term stress or sudden losses
At the moment, my stressor is...WORK
3. Often coexists with other psychiatrics disorders (substance abuse, OCD)
This is a no no
4. Symptoms worse later in the day
Actually I feel worse in the morning. Almost everyday for the past 2 weeks
5. Between 20 and 35 years of age
This is me.
What about the symptoms?
1. Poor appetite. Yes
2. Sleep problem. Yes
3. Fatigue. Yes
4. Low self esteem. Yes
5. Poor concentration or difficulty inmaking decisions. Yes
6. Feeling of hopelessness. Yes
What am I doing about it? Just what I do best...sleep and try to forget about it. At the same time, hoping that it'll go away and start a fresh new beginning the next day.
This is so sad.

3 comments:

Iron Butterfly said...

1. Poor appetite. Hmm.. not really
2. Sleep problem. Been pulling an all nighter till 7am in campus, then tido around 9am. Petang baru bangun.
3. Fatigue. Yes. Terlebih tido.
4. Low self esteem. Not really.
5. Poor concentration or difficulty in making decisions. Poor concentration sebab asik teringatkan him. Damn.
6. Feeling of hopelessness. Yes. When is he gonna fall for me??

Diagnosis : Jatuh cinta yang serius.

Ubat : Tiada penawar.

Couz, I think ur having these problems sebab lama sangat cuti. You dread going to work. Once you get back in tune everything will be okay. Just chill ok!!

Putri Z. said...

hey, looks like we're having the same symptoms..

tu la, ingat coz i cuti lama sangat..tapi dah nak masuk sebulan dah ni, why do i still have the same feeling..the inferioty complex is really getting into me..

Iron Butterfly said...

Couz, you're never inferior ok. Just don't try to be perfect, we can never be one. We can do our best though, not perfect, but our very best.