Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Girl in car vs police officer

An interesting thing happened today.

I was driving back from work, while talking to a good friend of mine. About 5 minutes from the hospital, a police officer on a motorbike showed a signal for me to pull over by the side of the road. At that point I realise...Owh man, am gonna get a summon today...

I stopped my car by the busy road, near Berkeley Garden. He got off from his motorbike, and circled round my car. Not quite sure what he was looking for. Probably trying to figure out where I'm from based from my licensed plate.

I took out my driving license before he could even ask and passed it to him. I apologised profusely for commiting the offence and flashed a smile at him. Haha. Was really hoping that I won't need to pay any duit kopi to him..

I committed 2 offences:
1. Driving + chatting on the phone without a hands-free
2. Not wearing a seatbelt while driving

At this point, he was asking me about the phone call that I had and where I was from. This was when I worked my charm. Told him that the call was an urgent call from the hospital, and it was from a collegue of mine. As soon as I told him my profession and showed him my ID as a proof, he immediately soften up. Haha. Mission accomplished.

We had a small chat after that, he let my off with a warning..


Moral of the story: Always keep my ID in the car. Will never know when I'll need it next. It works as a charm. Splendid.

4 comments:

Iron Butterfly said...

argghhh... tak aci!!! sentiasa boleh cakap ader emergency.. couz, i havent been visiting ur page coz i thought u'll be busy with work, so no time to blog. Looks like ur blogging more stuff than i do these days.

p/s : i dont think u need ur ID anyway. Flashing ur smile is already a good charm for a police officer. Huehue..

Putri Z. said...

heh,tu la, tak sangka plak ade time nak blog. it's becoming like my diary i guess.

Iron Butterfly said...

hehe.. good god. so biler nak make the blog public nih??? tak sabar nak link to mine. mesti berduyun2 peminat visit. ngahahahah...

Iron Butterfly said...

*good good. Tak perasan single O. HUehue..