Saturday, November 03, 2007

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day




It was raining heavily today.

I was cleaning up my room when my dad called me from the living room, 'Look! The road in front of house looks like a stream! The water is running so fast!'

I stared blankly outside the window when my mind drifted to about 15 years back. Those days, I was constantly with my younger brother. Just the two of us, we were like best friends; seldom apart.

There was one day when it was raining cats and dogs like this, and we were both tempted to go out to play in the rain. Mum grabbed our raincoats, a blue and a red one if I'm not mistaken and we rushed out in the rain. We also had our red Wellington boots on. What I still remember was that we made boats from paper, ie. the origami, and let it float in the water. I even wrote a message on the boat, hoping that somebody would take the boat as it floats in the water, and read the message written on it. Haha, wishful thinking.

It was just a simple event in life, but at times like this, it makes me realise how much I miss my childhood days when it was all about playing and having fun. Will I ever have that feeling again



2 comments:

Iron Butterfly said...

yeah.. miss the good 'ol days. Igt tak zaman kitorang the KB clam came to Shah Alam, then tido ramai2, konon2 besok pagi nak pegi jogging ngan Ayah Chik sampai Bukit Cherakah, skali hujan lebat nobody wanted to wake up..

Life was rosy back then...

Putri Z. said...

yeah, we had so much fun back then. was always looking forward to you guys coming down to shah alam.