Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Reflect

I watched a movie on HBO recently, The America's Sweetheart. It's a nice, feel-good movie, with a simple storyline, and I actually learnt a valuable lesson from it.

A brief summary of the story; The main star of the movie, John Cusack, is this famous actor, who was separated from his wife, as his wife had an affair with this Spanish guy. He then went to this rehab centre, as he had, what i assume, was a depresssive disorder. Whenever he faced a stressor, he would mumble to himself,'I'm grateful for the sun, the moon, the stars, ......'

It made me realise that I should not grumble about the problems in life, but instead be grateful with what I have been blessed with.


I'm grateful that I'm in a good health, and I'm able to travel to work daily. Other people who are disabled can't even take care of themselves and are dependent on other people.

I'm grateful that I have my own transportation, compared to others who need to travel by bus or bike to work.

I'm grateful that I'm living in comfort, without having to pay any liabilities or debts. As I'm currently staying at my parent's house, I don't need to worry about paying my bills.

I'm grateful that I have friends who are always supportive of me. Always there when I need them.

I'm grateful that I my place of work is just a mere 15-20 minutes away from my house, without having to face any traffic jam.

The list could go on and on...

By thinking and reflecting about the good things in life, it makes me feel grateful and not complain about the problems that face daily. I just have to remind myself that I'm not that unlucky after all.

No comments: