Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dear virus, please leave. STAT!

Day 5 of illness.

Yes, I know that I promised myself that I'd do an FBC on Wednesday if I still had the fever but I didn't. I'm actually terrified of needles. :) Don't actually mind being pricked, but I will try to find a hundred reason NOT to be pricked before allowing the the procedure to be done on myself.

It's easy to advice people to get their blood checked but when it comes to yourself, it is not an easy task. Haven't u heard, doctors are the worst patients?

I told myself many times yesterday-that my illness is very unlikely to be dengue. The fact that I have a source of fever, i.e. my cough and runny nose, I didn't have the other typical symptoms like joint pain, muscle aches, loss of appetite and vomiting.

Yesterday evening, my mum called, pestering me to get my blood checked. I finally gave in.

My very precious Full blood count result:

Hemoglobin: 12.3
White Cell Count: 7.2
Platelet: 262
Hematocrit: 37.4

Impression: Not suggestive of dengue fever.

The result suggests that I've a viral infection, hence the course of antibiotics that I'm taking now is not justified. Owh well, since I've started the course, might as well just finish it then.
Time to go home now and sleep off my URTI..

No comments: