Monday, February 25, 2008

Virus alert!

One thing that I hate the most about working in a paeds ward is the daily exposure that I get to virulent pathogens. I can never really understand why I take a long time to recover from a URTI, especially when the source is from one of my patients.
Have you ever heard stories from people, when they say one of their kids get sick and the whole family will follow suit? Common isn't it? I do believe that viruses that may be present in kids are somehow stronger and tougher than in adults.
Back to the story about me...heh.It all started with an itch over my throat on Sunday morning. Thought it would go away but the symptom was followed by muscle aches, especially over my back and throbbing headache. I was stuck in bed the whole day.

I didn't feel any better today morning. Had to force myself to attend the Basic Ultrasound Course in HKL, which I've been looking forward to for weeks. I won't let some virus prevent myself from learning and gaining experieces. This kind of oppurtunity do not just come everyday.

I was coughing and sneezing through out the lectures..by the end of the day, I was defeated. Once I reached home, I decided to start a course of antibiotics for myself. Well, I know, it's not really indicated in my case, but I do need to hasten my recovery before my call on Wednesday..
I do feel better now after the multiple medications that I've taken. I have made a promise to myself, if my fever does not subside my tomorrow, I'm going to have my blood checked at the nearest hospital.
Dear Virus, please go away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i pray hard that you will be well soon the next day. hope u enjoy the lecture regarding the ultrasound.

aieesha.salleh said...

get well soon!!..

but now memang musim demam kan?

aieesha.salleh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.