Sunday, December 16, 2007

World Marching Band Competition

I have not watched a live marching band performance for years..So I decided witness the world band competition last night with my dad, sister and brother.

I got to know about the event when I saw the booth at One Utama about 2 weeks back, but did not have the chance to surf the net to get to know more about it. It was only 2 days back when I realise that the finals was only a day away..

I initially asked my brother to get the tickets before hand, but my dad insisted that we get the tickets at the stadium that night..Thanks to my dad, we saved RM 1000 on tickets..here's how.

That night, we walked towards the entrance when the a crew of the event approached my dad and said "You're the VIP right? Let me show you the entrance." All of us were stunned but we played along. He brought us to the grand stand and ushered us to our seats. How lucky were we? :)

We thoroughly enjoyed the performance. We could see that the effort that they put in was tremendous..I recorded the impressive marching bands, planned to put it on Youtube but the file is just too large..

The show ended with a performance by Flop Poppy, the ambassador of the competition. Funny to see them wearing band uniforms..which was the same outfit as the cute mascots, i.e. Do Re and Mi.

Watching the whole performance made me think back the good old days that I had when we were performing for our school band. The team spirit was so strong and the friendships that we made was priceless. I don't think I'll ever have the same feeling again.


2 comments:

Iron Butterfly said...

waaahh... bestnyer.. i wanted to go but no one that i know was interested.. jelesnye!! dahla they thought you guys are the VIPs. Did Lek park his Jag nearby the entrance or what?

Putri Z. said...

actually no..we parked our car at lek's office, kat kampung attap...i have no idea what made them think we were VIPs..