Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Golen Compass


Thought that I'll be interesting to review a movie in my blog instead of just writing about myself..

Saw this movie on Sunday with a good friend of mine at Sunway Pyramid. I never read the book and I'm not a fan of fantasy stories anyway..Thought that it would be a good idea to watch the movie since it's such a big hype in the papers and internet.

The movie is adapted from the best selling novel with the same name (released in North America) as known as Northern Lights in other countries, written in 1995 by an English writer Philip Pullman as the first part of “His Dark Materials” trilogy - another two titles in the trilogy are The Subtle Knife (published in 1997) and The Amber Spyglass (published in 2000)

In my opinion the best part about the movie was Nicole Kidman. She potrayed the character of Ms Coulter magnificiently, being able to charm the main character Lyra in the initial part of the movie, and later became evil towards the middle. Despite being the villain in the story, she still maintained her elegance. I just love watching the dresses that she wore in the movie.

I was expecting more of Daniel Craig in the movie but he was only in a few short scenes...Probably there'll be more of him the in sequel..

1 comment:

Iron Butterfly said...

Daniel Craig is HOT! HOT! HOT!!!