Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stets from US


I've been doing online shopping for the past two years. It all started when I was looking for DHA supplements, ie Neurogain when I was pregnant back in 2009. Surprisingly it was not easily available at local pharmacies, and hence I had to order it online. Since then, I began to trust websites that offer online purchasing and delivering.

Subsequently, I began ordering clothes and mostly shawls. I enjoyed the thrill, suspense and surprise after receiving each parcel. It was like getting a gift from someone, only that I had to pay for it myself! So far I have been lucky with all my purchases..

You see, I have been hunting for a Raspberry Coloured Littmann Paediatric Stethoscope for the past few months. I have enquired from Kamal Bookstore, University Bookstore and various other medical bookstores that I know, but all of them did not have what I wanted. They only have stethoscopes in black and red. I even looked up the official Littmann website and called up the official distributor for Klang Valley. From what was told to me, the colour that I wanted is not available in Malaysia.

Hence, I started looking for an overseas company that had the exact stethoscope that I wanted, at a resonable price, which could ship it to Malaysia. I then found a website called IP Mart, which had what I wanted. I closed one eye (or maybe even both eyes!), made a few clicks here and there, and I was done. Yes, I was aware of the high shipping cost, but the desire that I had for that particular stethoscope was just too strong. The price of it is equivalent to 5 hours of locum in ED..More reasons for me to continue doing locum..

After 2 weeks, I finally got what I wanted and I was definitely satisfied with my purchase!



My most expensive online purchase so far, but definitely worth it! :)

7 comments:

Shalyz said...

For something as personal as a stet, better beli one that you will be most happy to use everyday... if there's one to reflect your personality, i say GO FOR IT! :)

aieesha.salleh said...

I sokong cakap shalyz.. hehehe.. Sure you'll be more excited and semangat to do your job after this. at least puas hati and hilang penat bila nampak benda you suka kan

Mrs Ahmad.. said...

I had the very same colour of adult stethoscope which sadly went missing last year. It has my name carved on littman's specialized tag. sedih betul dah hilang :(

`in said...

kalernya .. sungguh "Ee" sekali .. :)

Putri Z. said...

lyz: yup, that was what i had in mind too. coz i'd be using it everyday, kalau mahal sket pon takpe..as long as it brightens up my day!
tino: tu la, sejak pakai stets baru macam lebih semangat la..psychology nih
maryam: owh ye ke..i've lost 2 stets so far. one adult and one paeds. that's y i took some time to get a new one...still sedih until now...
nina: tu la..pink..harus..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hello. i'm looking for this exact colour of stethoscope. do you mind sharing the website you bought this stethoscope from? i tried looking for the ip mart you mentioned but it turned out to be a local online store with no stethoscope listed in their product line.