Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hello MacBook

img_273772_11-inch-macbook-air_450x360.jpg



I've been meaning to buy a new laptop for myself, and my dream finally came true when i got a MacBook Air as a gift from my dad! Cool eh?

At the moment, am still learning how to use a Mac. After all, I've been using Microsoft all my life.

Some of the things that I love about my new gadget:
1. How thin and light it is: only 1.07kg.
2. How sleek it looks
3. How beautiful my photos turn out to be when I view it on iPhoto

I have a lot more to learn, and am still used to the usual shortcuts that work on Microsoft but not on a Mac. For example:
1. Control+N to open a new window when browsing on Explorer, but instead, need to press the Command key + N
2. Control + arrow to move to the next word when typing, but on Mac, it will jump straight to the end of the sentence.

etc..

Am sure I will get used to all this soon. From what I've heard, once you have started to use a Mac, you will never go back..

Now, I need to install Microsoft Office for Mac on my MacBook..

8 comments:

Iron Butterfly said...

Mesti Lek baca your blog. Kekekeke.

Shalyz said...

I am jealous! My Dell crashed while i was working on the slideshow for the wedding reception hari tu..

So now we'm saving up for our own Mac... am thinking Pro... coz we foresee a lot of iPhoto and iMovie projects coming along... hihihi...

Hearts...!

Putri Z. said...

ajah: entah. rase mcm dream come true plak dpt notebook. i've been procrastinating far too long!

lyz: i've so much too learn, and none of my friends at work are mac users..but it feels great to explore a new system, and knowing that it's far better than microsoft..

ceh..planning ahead nampak! can't wait to see how your future kids will look like. mata almond or sepet..hmmm..:)

Shalyz said...

We'll find out in August (Insya-Allah)!!! ;)

Putri Z. said...

Woah. Cepatnya!! Congrats, dear! am happy 4 u. *hugs*

Shalyz said...

yes.. as Joanne said in her speech that nite.. "Allen wastes no time".. ;p

must meet up to chit chat.. i hope to finish school once and for all in March.. we can duduk lepak borak sampai lebam lepas tu... :)

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel

Putri Z. said...

i don't understand a word that u just said, except for merci..:)