Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby fat

I am currently obsessed with my weight.

Pre-pregnancy weight: 47kg
Maximum weight at pregnancy: 61.5 kg
(at 32 weeks of gestation)
Weight at one month after delivery: 53kg
Current weight: 55 kg



My body weight has never been a problem for me. People have always said how thin I looked and some even said that I looked haggard. I blamed it on my work, as I sometimes had to skip meals due to my hectic working schedule. Due to that, I never went on a diet or take tried to cut down on my food intake. I could eat fast foods how often I wanted without worrying about the calories. People often force me to eat to fatten me up.

After my delivery, yes, I have to admit that I haven't been watching my diet. After all, I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby and it will make my appetite more voracious, right? As my baby was born premature, I had to eat well, to ensure that my baby adequately gains weight and try to catch up with babies his age.

I never really cared much about my weight until recently when more and more people started to pass comments on how big and fat I looked. The last straw was when my husband looked at my tummy and said--Aduh! Macam KLCC!
Ouch........

I dread each time when my in -aws come over to the house. One of my sister in-law is bound to say--Badan nampak dah naik la skrg! Berape kilo ni?

Yesterday, I went to a shop to make copies of my wedding DVDs. The guy opened the file and saw a short clip of the video and stared at me.

'Yang dalam video ni akak ke? Asal nampak lain?'


Haih..yes, I know I'm not as thin as I used to..


He then looked at the date on the cover of the DVD-13th March 2009 and said,

'Eh, tak le lama sangat'


Hmmmph..so I gained a lot of weight in one year. Big deal?



Yes, I am aware that breastfeeding will help to shed that extra baby weight compared to feeding my baby with formula milk. Apparently, an extra 500 calories will be used up per day, which equals to 2 hours of aerobic session. Somehow, I don't think I've gotten any thinner this past few months..

And so what have I been doing about it?


I bought this DVD a few weeks ago, PLANNING do some exercise at two or not three times a week. So far I've only used this DVD twice. Not good enough right? I chose this DVD because I wanted to do some toning exercises, to work on my upper and lower body. Plus, I didn't want to do something fast paced, as I wanted to give time for my caeserean scar to heal fully. Even though I read on the internet that it is safe to exercise 6 weeks post delivery, I still.didn't dare push myself so hard, and will stop intermittently when I felt my surgical scar area ache.

I can't even fit into my old clothes and pants. Now, I still wear my maternity pants to go out. It's so depressing...

I've never been this concern about my weight and it does affect how I look at myself. I really hope that my weight will go down drastically when I start work in a few weeks time..


3 comments:

Jaja® said...

we gain all the extra kilos in 9 months (in your case fewer), so target 9 months to get back to your original weight k.

i'm back to my original weight (but tummy is still there). for tummy area, no choice but to work out.

aieesha.salleh said...

Ee, takpe, kan baru beranak :)

Some takes longer to get back to the normal weight. Pasal perut tu, well, unless you have a personal trainer, memang lah perut tu lambat sikit nak turun.

in my case, i got back to my prepregnancy weight like 3 weeks after beranak ok.. (bangga2), but still cannot fit into by old seluar sebab pinggul dah melebar and perut ada lagi. turun tang lain kot. But, sebab after the confinement tak jaga makan, end up gaining back another 5kilos :)

take your time :)

Putri Z. said...

jaja: i read about that in my pregnancy book too. the thing is, there are so many ppl out there who lost their pregnancy weight really fast, and tu yg buat i terasa tu!

takpe la, asalkan my body weight turun, i'm happy..slowly but surely..

tino: tu la. harap2 dpt muat balik baju lama. tak sangka i gained so much of weight! haih. kena bertungkus lumus la lepas ni tak turun balik..