Saturday, May 24, 2008

Marie Digby Live in Malaysia


I took leave last week i.e. Thursday and Friday, plus i was not on-call that weekend and on Wesak Day, so I had a long stretch of 5 days to rest. Nice.

The Wednesday before the day I was on leave, Marie Digby was scheduled to performed at One Utama. Perfect. After I finished work that day, I freshened up and drove down to One Utama with my sister.

Marie Digby was just....gorgeous. I was admiring her looks most of time the rather than listening to her music. Heh. She looked so pure and innocent. It seemed like she was unaware that her audience were captivated by her beauty, while she was strumming that guitar of hers..

The place was packed with people. I wonder why it was held at One Utama in the first place..my sister and I were on the ground floor, probably about 15 meters from stage. In front of us were rows and rows of tall and lanky guys, blocking our view. So you can just imagine how I- a 5 footer, struggled to get a glimpse of Marie. I had to tip toe most of the time, or watch her through someone else's camera. I was desperate ok!

Marie's voice was great. It was just that she didn't know how to work the crowd. She kept looking in front or at her guitar-forgetting her fans who were on her left and right side, anxiously waiting for her to at least smile and wave at them. In between her songs, she was just..mumbling. I guess she was explaining what inspired her to write the songs, but she should have spoken clearly and with more confidence.

Owh ya, actually before Marie came out on the stage, the organisers were throwing rolled up posters to the audience. When it came to the last one, the poster was thrown towards us and Walla! my sister caught it! Good netball skills, sis! Even though the poster would have cost less than a ringgit, the satisfaction from winning from a show like that was great!


Love you, Marie!



This was the best view that I could get of her.

1 comment:

Iron Butterfly said...

hey! me and Cyiina was there too!! And we saw Ku Jack walking with some friends nearby an escalator. I thought of asking you butsince ur never available I decided not to. Tak sangka pulak Yee pegi.

Me and Cyiina was singing to 'Stupid For You'. The guys standing behind us were shouting "we want pirated songs!" which actually meant they want the cover version of Umbrella. Pirated. heh.