Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gemersik Kalbu



Ever since I've been staying with my in-laws after I got married, I hardly watch any TV shows, except for the news, as they are always watching Malay dramas-a genre that I could never watch in the past. But then, after some time, I started watching TV together with them on and off as part of being together as a family. Malay Drama pon layankan je lah..

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I didn't have to have to do any calls, hence I get to go home at 5 pm sharp everyday. I then started watching this show called Gemersik Kalbu which airs at 7pm on Mondays to Thursdays.

I didn't enjoy the storyline initially, but since I have started watching the show right from Episode 1, I just had to continue watching it to know what's going to happen next. My anticipation ensured me to be in front of the TV set at 7pm sharp. Before I knew it, I was hooked.

I initially hated the main characters of the drama and I found Sufian being such a jerk. But after he and Raihana got married, he repented and became a much better person and husband. I then started liking his character and enjoyed seeing how hard he tries to make his marriage work. He's funny, cheeky, and romantic too. Somehow I feel that Aqasha, who plays Sufian might just be like his character in real life.

Aqasha is also the singer and composer of the soundtrack, Obsesiku. After listening to the song repeatedly in the show, I have begun to love it.






I never liked Raihana's character and I wish that the actress had been someone else. She hardly smiled and in most of the scenes she just looked so stiff.

I can't believe that I'm writing an entry about this drama, but it shows that I'm already missing it. Some fans even uploaded the good scenes on youtube.

Guess we just have to see the next drama that will air on TV3 next week. Something to look forward to..

No comments: