Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ramadhan

It's almost towards the end of Ramadhan and I haven't blogged about it yet..
In Banting, my usual routine would be going to work and later would drop by at the Bazaar Ramadhan in Kanchong to buy some food for buka puasa. As I walk along to choose what food to buy, one person will always bound to smile and point at me. Or, someone among the food vendors would say, 'Doktor, mari la beli'. That would be my cue to smile. It had to be one of my patients. Just to have play along ...:)
It's sad to break fast alone in my apartment everynight. After dinner, I would quickly take a shower and drive to the Banting Mosque near Jugra. Just figured out the way to get there without going through the main road. Only takes me about 3 minutes everytime..
Meanwhile when I'm on-call, it's very inpredictable when and where I would break fast. One night I had to transfer a patient to HTAR at 6.30pm, and later had to buy a drink from the Hospimart to break fast in the ambulance on the way back to Banting. One another night, a patient had a difficult vaginal delivery at 7pm, which cause a very bad vaginal tear, which the nurses refused to repair. Hence, I quickly had a snack before straining my eyes to repair the tear, which took me about an hour..Haih, what a night.
And now at home, my maid just went back to Indonesia on Thursday as her daughter got involved in an accident. This means, washing our own clothes and preparing our own sahur and dinner..
10 more days to Hari Raya and hardly any preparations yet..Will be working the day before raya, flying to K.B. the night before raya, and flying back to Shah Alam on Hari Raya day itself..
Happy Ramadhan, everybody!

1 comment:

Iron Butterfly said...

busy lah, doctor dear? as long as you're in KB for the salam tradition... ;)