Sunday, December 13, 2009

Battling the 1st trimester




Everybody knows that pregnancy can be difficult. But then, nobody will ever understand until she herself were to be pregnant. If that person were to be a guy, then he will never truly understand.


It has been a wild ride. Never have I taken so many MCs in my whole life. I called in sick every 2-3 weeks, and came late for work almost everyday. Thanks to my morning sickness.


Personally, I feel morning sickness is a misnomer. I didn't feel sick only the mornings, but it was ALL THE TIME. Of course, morning would be the worst time, but there were also occasions
where I would be puking the afternoon, night and even at 3am in the morning. That was hell.

Doing morning rounds everyday was a pain. I sat down whenever I had the chance, and constantly had to pop sweets/asam when the houseman was presenting the cases to me. At 10am, I had to take a break and grab a snack, coz otherwise, I would be puking the next few hours.


I dreaded my calls. As I had to be on my feet most of the time, and stay up till the wee hours of the morning, I would feel sick and find it so difficult to make decisions, especially in the middle of the night. Housemen who felt sorry for me for buy me food and ensure that I rest in between..


Hence, the two top complaints that I had was Nausea and Fatigue.


So how did I face all these challenges?


By taking Antacids 3-4 times a day, took snacks even when I wasn't really hungry, and lie down whenever I had the free time. It was bad coz I'd be so busy at work, but I was lucky to have collegues and bosses who understood and were supportive throughout my sickness.


And of course, what really helped me to pull through was to think about my baby and having a supportive husband..


3 comments:

aieesha.salleh said...

Don't worry.. I know that you can handle this well... BTW, tino dulu throughout the pregnancy pun sickness tak tentu masa tu.. hehehe

Putri Z. said...

thanks for yours support, dear! nanti lepas ni kena mintak byk tips from tino..

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I contemplate the list inform should have more info then it has.